Monday 5 August 2013

Watches, Watches and more Watches

I just bought this gorgeous watch in Harajuku. If there's one thing Japan does well, it's watches. Actually, it's practically everything fashion-related, but whatever. This post is to pay homage to only a small sample of the beautiful watches scattered around Harajuku.



The following stunning watches are from Wonder Rocket This store makes amazing accessories and clothing. Pretty cheap too considering the detailing that goes into them. Accessories are usually around $10-$25 dollars. It is so popular that it has several shops on Takeshita Dori.

My favourite is the basement one. Hidden down a staircase underneath another shop, it's like stepping into Wonderland.

 Now this one is my dream watch. I came across it down a little side street far from the main shopping area. I had arrived about 2 hours too early before all the shops had opened (blame it on excitement over the sales), so I set off on an exploration adventure, and came across this masterpiece.

It was in a small, dark shop window with barely any items and a metal, barred door. Like all the stores at that hour it was shut, but it looked like the kind of antique hideaway you'd expect to read about in a magical children's story. You know, so small it's barely there, or only there sometimes if you're the right person in order to sell you an item which will start you off on an epic adventure!

Ahem, getting carried away here, but anyway....

Isn't it beautiful? It's like a mix of future and past - very steampunk.  I want it so badly, but it's a larger style watch, so I think it's more aimed at men.

I don't care. I still want it.


(These watches are available through the shopping service if still in stock at time of order.)

No comments:

Post a Comment